Welcome to your studies in the Hanseatic Town of Wismar
In the administrative district area of North-West Mecklenburg, foreign citizens have the opportunity to study at the University of Applied Sciences, Technology, Business and Design in Wismar (Hochschule Wismar). For more precise information about subject-areas on offer, qualifications and similar matters, please visit the website of the Hochschule Wismar
Regarding a course of study in Germany, please note that it is required that the entire study period does not exceed 10 years, with the preparation (study college, language course to prepare for the studies, or similar matters) not taking up more than 2 years.
Are you still abroad?
If so, then please initially contact the respective German Embassy in your home country, so that (where applicable) you can apply for the necessary visa to take up a course of study.
You have already entered the country ...
You have already entered the country (with a corresponding visa, as far as is necessary) or you are studying already, but have now decided in favour of the University of Applied Sciences, Technology, Business and Design in Wismar (Hochschule Wismar)?
Then please go with your accommodation rental contract and your passport to the competent resident-registration-office and get registered there. Then come during opening hours to the public office for non-residents' affairs, bringing the following documents:
- your passport,
- a biometric passport-type photo,
- your accommodation rental contract,
- the confirmation of registration, obtained from the resident registration office,
- a certificate proving your student status,
- documentary proof of a health-insurance policy valid for your stay in Germany and
- documentary proof of secured financing (either through a suitably-blocked account or through another suitable legally-binding declaration of financial commitment).
From the day on which the public office of non-residents' affairs is notified of your stay, the processing period can amount to up to 10 weeks. Accordingly, please be sure to come to the public office of non-residents' affairs in good time, because otherwise you can find that you are faced with additional costs.